Tuesday, October 13

my favorite car ever....




The 1938 Phantom Corsair prototype. I'm not sure that this car would be my favorite if I was seeing it today for the first time, but I have dreamt about this car since I first saw it as a little kid, and it ranks so high on my list for probably this reason alone, nostalgia. Although, it is pretty fuckin badass....it's based on a Cord platform, with a V8 Lycoming engine, 4 speed automatic gearbox, independent suspension, etc etc. In other words it was way ahead of it's time. It was designed in part by Rust Heinz, but never made it to production. I think it's part of the Harrah's collection now. I've never seen it in person, but I guess I'll put that on my bucket list....

2 comments:

motoguru. said...

holy shit dude. that thing is sick!

poon said...

otherwise known as the flying wombat. one of my favorites too Dan!