Tuesday, December 21

You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory...




It's been hard for me to post lately. My dogs have both been sick since before I went to Japan, and when I got home, Barney was worse than before. We put him on some new meds that helped his comfort level, and he almost seemed like his old self for the last couple of weeks, but we knew it wouldn't last forever. He finally left us Sunday night, and I'm really having a hard time without him around. He was the best little guy you could ever hope to meet, some of you were lucky enough to spend some quality time with him over the last few years. We rescued him 7 years ago, as a 4 year old. He already looked old with a white face, but acted like a pup. Nothing ever got him down. Make sure you let your dogs know how much you love em as often as you can. They'll give you everything without asking for anything in return. see you later Barney Dog....

11 comments:

Motorradfahrer said...

Damn, sorry to hear about Barney.

"LOUIE" said...

I just buried my pit not to long ago...I feel ya. Barney is in good hands..he's probably smelling another dogs ass right now.

LeBeeF said...

I'm sorry for your loss man.

michael said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. There's nothing harder to go through.

allthingskool said...

Dan Sorry for your loss

stanley gunn said...

that really sucks, Im sorry

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling!!!
its hard to lose mans best friend!!
i even tattooed my dogs name on my body!!
look to the sky and say hello dogsheaven!!
grtz

matt machine said...

dogs do it every time.

Dan Collins said...

thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Big Nick said...

Dan, so sorry to hear, being a dog owner I know how it feels. I copied this off Max's blog a while back, I thought it was very well written!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

circus leo said...

this is so sad! sorry to hear that. we're glad we could spend at least some time with you barney.