Friday, December 16

pure coke on a cracked mirror






Went to see Dean's band The Black Tibetans open for X. I have been a huge fan of X since I saw them live at the King King in the early 80's. I was about ten years old. My pops made the music video for the song "New World" and I got to sit in the editing room with John, Exene, DJ, and Billy while they hashed out the final cut. The last time I saw them live was about ten years ago, and last nights show reminded me how pure they are. It's hard to describe, but they are everything that's good about music, and almost 30 years later they still sound amazing. No bullshit, no fronts, no posing.

3 comments:

lucky23design said...

Your dad made the video for "New World"? Wow. You've lived a charmed life, amigo! X and The Blasters changed my life back in the early 80s...

the liquor store said...

X rules!! really cool that your pops did the video.

Dan Collins said...

yeah man,I really was deep into some crazy shit that was way over my head...Helicopter rides to Fleetwood Mac shows, backstage with Duran Duran, Andy Warhol etc...